Monday, February 1, 2016

Running out of shampoo

This month I'm going to run out of shampoo.  I shower every day and I probably need a good tablespoon of shampoo to wash my thinning hair.  This month I'll run out of shampoo.  Why is that such a big deal?  I haven't bought any shampoo in at least 4 decades.  My wife always bought the shampoo, along with a lot of other things she managed.  My wife died 11 September 2012.  She was a bit of a hoarder.  She would buy stuff on sale.  She didn't seem to keep track of what we had on hand.  It was on sale so she would buy it.  After he death I began a purge.  Some things I doesn't know what I should do with them.  I have books and books of Postal Commemorative stamps that are only worth the value of the stamps which means I have to clip open and put tons of stamps on stuff. But in addition to lots of shampoo I still have at least 8 packs of forever stamps, and don't get me started on two dollar bills.   Anyway I'm running out of shampoo.  You can estimate anyway you want, but understand that I had a lot of shampoo stored in the bath closet.  It is another milestone.  A sad one, but nonetheless another milestone.  As each day passes I lose another physical contact with my wife.  Our dog has cancer.  He probably won't make it another 12 months, and he is only 9 years old, but that is another chapter for another night.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What kind of shampoo? Had she stocked up on different kinds as they came on sale or did she stick to one certain kind?
I am really sorry about your dog.

Wrekreation said...

Lisa,

It was Garnier Fructis. Strange name, probably not something I'd buy, but it is has worked for me. Yep, I'm sad about my dog, but today he is happy and enjoying his carrot snacks.

You'll see I dont' read my blog much, I just write it. It became a great therapy tool.

Unknown said...

I thought I saved your page....and realized tonight that I didn't. So sorry...once I came back to it and started reading, I really wished I had caught it sooner.

That is really good shampoo. My daughter in laws mother is a coupon lady, she goes to the stores with her coupons and gets 77 items for like .18 cents and has set up two bedrooms in her house where people will go visit and shop and buy things really cheap...I hate coupons building up...drives me crazy...LOL But it works for her. Maybe if I was able to drive I would get into it....she spends 6 hours shopping while couponing...OK...honestly....I still wouldn't do it, because I don't like shopping that much either..

Yeah I know, I really need to get a life! ; )

It is always a pleasure to get a comment from you, sooo THANK YOU! I have been quite neglectful of my blog in recent weeks...my vision has not been good, so I just let it slide. I also don't get much response and have found other things to do....but I so appreciate your visiting!

I enjoy your thoughts here....So how's it going? Got a story you want to share? I would love to read about it. I will be back soon to check.

; )