Wednesday, January 30, 2013

A Good Week

I have an internal score keeping system for defining "A good week".   It is the number of times I cry.  The fewer times I cry, the better the week.   Now to be honest, I can read some of my previous posts and I'll cry so I throw those out.   Those are known moments that I can recognize and I am willing to deal with them on an individual basis.   The ones I count are the ones I don't expect.  When I'm doing something around the house is the most common time for a cry that I didn't expect. Sometimes it is music.   It definitely isn't when I'm cooking.  Nothing I've cooked so far matches what Mary did and a large part of that is because she did it and I just enjoyed it. 

Lets Eat - As an uneducated single person your options are most commonly McDonalds, Chik-Fil-A, etc.   If you do something like Let's Dish you need to be ready to feed at least 2 people but usually 4 or more.  You can go to the frozen food section of a grocery store and get individual frozen meals.   Or you can enroll in one of those programs like Weight Watchers.  They cater to the single diner.  If you go out to a nice dinner place you can stare at your reflection in the wine glass and watch other folks stare at you, or so it seems.  Recently Whole Foods has been getting my lunchtime business because they have a great buffet and a good selection of prepared foods.  Can't get a glass of wine until after 6 PM.   Even though they are Whole Foods, they aren't that low on the caloric content.   I have to pay attention.  This is just kind of a whine, no real soul searching here.   I like to eat when I'm hungry.   I'm not fond of frozen meals or left overs.

Still trying to plan my future.   I'm pretty sure I'll figure it out, just not real soon.   The new fence to keep Houdini in will be installed this weekend.   It has rails and spikes closer together, and it is just a little bit bigger - I needed more square pooperage to handle my Son/Daughter-in-laws two hounds plus mine.   My dog is doing better.  He spends more time around me and he doesn't lay by the front door so much at night.   He has a walker visit him 3 times a week, I may need to increase that just to make his day better. 

Wine of the month Cote' du Rhone.  Same cigars and now some Amaretto.  I'm scoring this week as making progress. 

No comments: