Friday, August 1, 2008

With a boom boom in my eye

My taste in music runs the gamut of types. Morris Massey explains my music evolution as, "What your are is where you were when" http://www.rctm.com/Products/change/5712.htm

I like Eddy Arnold, probably because the John Deere tractor radio only picked up KFRM, Big 550, which was known as K-Farm radio, on the AM. http://www.kfrm.com At the time they had a play list of about 30 songs with Eddy Arnold probably having 5 of those 30 songs.

As I entered the military it was Harry Nilsson (Moon Beam and Without You), Grand Funk etc. They still exist on my IPOD. Anyway, the movie American Beauty had a song on it I liked, I found that song last year and loaded it on my IPOD - "Woke Up This Morning" from Alabama 3. I started listening and never understood the hook line. "Woke up this morning with a boom boom in my eye". Today I looked up the lyrics - now I feel real stupid. The full length version of the original song is better than this youtube link, but you'll hear the hook. On my IPOD it has a great beat, great for the cool down part of my jog.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgoyXJiZqLk

p.s. I know the definition of a Blue Moon.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

One of the most embarrassing things that happens to me is because of music. Sometimes, when I'm at the store or talking to people or whatnot, a song from my college days comes on the radio. When I remember what I was doing when that song was popular, my face gets red. Then come the questions.